What is House Church?
1. The purpose of the House Church is to recover vitality of the first century church’s faith community.
2. The House Church overcomes the limitations of a passive religious
church life that only focuses on worship formation and Bible study-based discipleship. The House Church is geared towards witnessing to unbelievers and in so doing, fulfilling the church’s original purpose of “saving the lost and making disciples of Jesus Christ”.
The House Church accomplishes this by helping unbelievers to accept Jesus as their LORD and Savior and by inviting unbelievers to be true disciples through servant hood.
3. The definition: The community that fulfills all the intrinsic purposes
of church (worship, education, fellowship, service, evangelism, missions) that is shepherded by a lay leader and made up of 6-12 people meeting in their homes at least once a week.
4. We allow another understanding and definition in regards to house
church: A local church that is made up of basic house church communities that fulfill all the intrinsic purposes of church (worship, education, fellowship, service, evangelism, missions) that are shepherded by a lay leader and made up of 6-12 people meeting in their homes at least once a week in order to restore the original form of the New Testament church.
5. The House Church model divides the tasks of the local church in
accordance with biblical principals (Ephesians 4:11~12) The model ordains a head pastor as an overseer of the whole faith community. The head pastor focuses on preaching, praying and training laymen to carry out the tasks or witnessing, visitation, and counseling. The laymen carry out these House Church tasks along with other church ministry activities in the church. The goal is to build an effective faith community.
6. The layman gains understanding and becomes a partner with the
head pastor by experiencing the pastor’s tasks through the successes and the adversities of serving the House Church members.
7. By sharing honest prayer requests and by experiencing the grace of
answered prayers, the House Church members experience the living God and live transformed lives. The House Church calls for and provides an environment to nurture members as they learn to practice scripturally based living and in so doing members become true Disciples of Christ.
House Church and United Church Task Divisions
Fellowship & Healing
Education & Training
Serving & Ministry
Witnessing & Mission
House Church Individual Focused Functions
- Praise and worship oriented
- Revisit prior week's sermon
- Sharing lives with biblical application
- Fellowship of sharing and encouraging
- Healing thru testimony and experience
- Relationship building thru personal prayer
- HC Bible study empowers
- Sunday sermonLearn thru sacrificial serving and obeying
- Provide specific serving opportunities
- Maximize layman’s servant hood
- Discipleship thru changed lifestyle
- Witness to unbelievers by inviting to HC
- Participate directly thru HC Mission pgm
- Revolutionize Mission thru close contact with the mission field
United Church United Body Function
- Deliver mission & vision to local church community
- Experience spiritual grace thru corporate worship
- Praise, worship, commitment, testimony & ceremonies
- Corporate fellowship thru ministry and serving
- Experience healing thru corporate worship
- Sunday School and Youth Education
- MinistryCorporate Bible Study of “Life” Series
- Shepherds & Bible Study Teachers training
- Provide community service opportunities
- Provide diverse & professional service opportunities (choir, kitchen, media, mission, etc.)
- Plant assurance of salvation in seekers from HC (Living Life, Seeks’ Meeting, witnessing thru worship)
- Broader and professional Mission opportunities